Two weeks ago I spotted some rhubarb at the farmer’s market. I didn’t buy any that day, but spent the rest of the week thinking about it until Saturday rolled around again, and I finally did get some. I let another Saturday roll around before I actually sat down to look at it.
So here I am, on a Sunday, over 2 weeks after the idea hit me, with a pie crust in the fridge. I took the recipe from SmittenKitchen and proceeded according to the instructions. Either I over-processed it or I should have weighed the flour. I have a small scale but just didn’t bother weighing it out – and it seems that a cup of flour should weigh more than 4oz. Since it was already pretty wet after just adding the vegetable shortening, I didn’t bother incorporating all of the vodka/water – and instead got what I could into it and shoved it into the fridge. I’m hoping that in an hour or two it’ll be in a state where I can try to turn it into a pie. All I really want out of it is to house the delicious strawberry-rhubarb filling!
And finally, evidence of delicious vodka going into the pie crust.